Last revised on 1/01/2022
Key Change in this version: we have updated our legal name to FriendZone SRL for all members, irrespective of your country of residence or location.
Domusnovas (SU) via Cagliari 116
irrespective of your country of residence or location.
The terms (“us”, “we”, the “Company” or “Friendzone”) refer to FriendZone SRL
Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service and not prohibited by law from using the Service. You promise to follow the law and that you’re not a convicted felon or sex offender.
Your Account. If you use Facebook to access Friendzone, you must authorise us to access certain information from Facebook to use Friendzone. You agree to keep your account secure and confidential.
Modifying the Services; Termination. We may modify the Services at any time or discontinue them altogether. You can terminate your account in Settings, and we reserve the right to terminate it for you if you violate this Agreement or if we deem your use of the Service to be inappropriate.
Safety. Friendzone is not responsible for the actions of its users or your interactions with them, and we don’t conduct background checks. Be careful and be sure to read and follow our Safety Tips on interacting with people on or off of Friendzone.
Rights. Friendzone grants you the right to use our Service as authorised and permitted by this Agreement. See the Agreement for a full list of actions you agree not to take. You grant Friendzone the right to display your profile and Content for the limited purpose of Friendzone operating the Service and researching and developing new ones.
Rules. See the Agreement for a list of the rules you agree to abide by when you use Friendzone, such as not soliciting money from other users, harassing other users or using the Service for any illegal purposes.
In App Purchases. Friendzone may offer services for purchase through mobile platforms such as Google Play Store or Apple AppStore. Those purchases are governed by the terms of the platforms. Most purchases are not refundable and certain services only grant you a specified licence, as further described in the Agreement.
Copyright. If you believe your work has been posted on the Service in violation of your copyright, please send us a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers. Our Service is provided “as is,” and we disclaim legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Service.
Limitation of Liability. To the extent allowed by law, we limit our liability to you for certain types of damages for claims relating to your use of the Service, the conduct of other users and unauthorised access or use of your Content. Our aggregate liability will not exceed the fees you pay us.
Governing Law; Venue. Italian law applies to this Agreement. Actions for disputes relating to this Agreement must be brought in Cagliari, Italy
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us for actions arising out of your use of the Service, your Content or your violation of this Agreement.
We may make changes to this Agreement and to the Service from time to time.
We may do this for a variety of reasons including to reflect changes in or requirements of the law, new features, or changes in business practices and structure.
The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the Service under Settings, and you should regularly check for the most recent version.
The most recent version is the version that applies.
If the changes include material changes that affect your rights or obligations, we will notify you in advance of the changes by reasonable means, which could include notification through the Service or via email. If you continue to use the Service after the changes become effective, then you agree to the revised Agreement.
You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on FriendZone and use the Service. By creating an account and using the Service, you represent and warrant that:
- you can form a binding contract with FriendZone,
- you are not a person who has been deprived of their civic rights or barred from using the Service under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction–meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition in any other country
- you have read and will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, and
- you have never been convicted of a felony or indictable offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence, and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry.
3. Your Account.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for FriendZone, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact email@example.com.
4. Modifying the Service and Termination.
FriendZone is always striving to improve the Service and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time as well as remove some features, and if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend the Service entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the Service, however if you use a third party payment account, you will need to manage your in app purchases through your mobile device platform (e.g., Google Play) to avoid additional billing. FriendZone may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. Upon such termination, you will not be entitled to any refund for purchases. After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and FriendZone: Section 4, Section 5, and Sections 12 through 17.
5. Safety; Your Interactions with Other Users.
Though FriendZone strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features like the double opt-in that only allows users to communicate if they have both indicated interest in one another, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person.In addition, you agree to review and follow Friendzone’s Safety Tips prior to using the Service. You agree you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FRIENDZONE DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. FRIENDZONE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS.
6. Rights FriendZone Grants You.
FriendZone grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Service’s benefits as intended by FriendZone and permitted by this Agreement. Therefore, you agree not to:
- use the Service or any content contained in the Service for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the Service without FriendZone’s prior written consent.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by FriendZone.
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- use the Service in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service.
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Service.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Service.
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service without FriendZone’s prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to FriendZone or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of FriendZone) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service, or cause others to do so.
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Service or other users’ Content or information without our written consent.
- use, access, or publish the FriendZone application programming interface without our written consent.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Service or any system or network.
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/ or unauthorised uses of the Service, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
7. Rights you Grant FriendZone.
By creating an account, you grant to FriendZone a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorsze us to access from Facebook or Google, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other users (collectively, “Content”).
FriendZone’s license to your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that FriendZone’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of the Service. For example, FriendZone would have an exclusive license to screenshots of the Service that include your Content.
Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the Service and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorise us to place on the Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other FriendZone users).
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook or Google account, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the license to FriendZone above.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behaviour towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
In consideration for FriendZone allowing you to use the Service, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the Service. By submitting suggestions or feedback to FriendZone regarding our Services, you agree that FriendZone may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
Please be informed that FriendZone may access, store and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
8. Community Rules.
By using the Service, you agree that you will not:
- use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement.
- use the Service for any harmful or nefarious purpose
- use the Service in order to damage FriendZone
- violate our Community Guidelines as updated from time to time
- spam, solicit money from or defraud any users.
- impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
- bully, “stalk,” intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person.
- post any Content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
- post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
- use another user’s account, share an account with another member, or maintain more than one account.
- create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
FriendZone reserves the right to investigate and/ or terminate your account without a refund of any purchases if you have violated this Agreement, misused the Service or behaved in a way that FriendZone regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur on or off the Service.
9. Other Users’ Content.
Although FriendZone reserves the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posts it, and FriendZone cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. If you see Content on the Service that violates this Agreement, please report it within the Service or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company via email to email@example.com and mail to the following address:
Domusnovas (SU) via Cagliari 116
FriendZone will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
FRIENDZONE PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FRIENDZONE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE.
FRIENDZONE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
13. Third Party Services.
The Service may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites or resources. FriendZone is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Service, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. FriendZone is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
14. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FRIENDZONE, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE SERVICE; OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF FRIENDZONE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL FRIENDZONE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO FRIENDZONE FOR THE SERVICE WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Applicable Legislation.
The law applicable in the event of dispute or conflict of interpretation of the terms that make up these conditions of the Italian law shall be, unless the rules of protection of consumers and users establish the applicability of a different legislation.
For the resolution of any conflict that may arise, FriendZone and the User agree to submit to the judges and home courts of FriendZone, or the User, at the User’s choice, provided that it is located in Italian territory or any other jurisdiction whose applicability is imposed by the rules of protection of consumers and users.
Disputes arising from this agreement will preferably be subject to arbitration.
Arbitration shall adopt the ordinary procedure by law or the fast-track (ex aequo et bono) arbitration depending on the value in dispute, as provided for in these Rules.
16. Indemnity by You.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FriendZone, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including lawyer’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
17. Entire Agreement; Other.